Monday, May 2, 2011

Plenty of Fish??

There I was...23 and kinda-sorta-not really single for the first time in 8 years. During a men bashing fest a friend of mine told me that she had resorted to "online dating." She said she didn't feel like paying for Match, Chemistry, eHarmony (whatever pricey love finding site at the time) so she was looking into free options...enter plentyoffish.com. Or POF as I like to call it. Throughout my postings I will frequently refer to is as POF and maybe even some users as poffers. Anywho, I tossed it aside and didn't think much of it since I was kinda-sorta-not really seeing my ex who had just dumped my sorry ass.
So there we were, my ex and I, who I was kinda-sorta-not really dating (I think you get the picture), chlling at the crib, when I plop down on the couch to discover him closing out of POF. Trying to play it cool..."Oh one of my girlfriends told me about that site, I'm on there, don't look me up, haha." Deuschebag (who I will lovingly refer to as such throughout my postings), ignored my ramblings like usual. No big deal.

Of course I go home and join the site. Duhhh.

And now here I am today...almost a year later ready and willing to let you laugh at my online dating adventures. I'd suggest going to the bathroom first before continuing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment