Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Un-effn-believable

A friend of mine sent me a message via facebook chat the other day. It went a little something like this...:

Dude: Hey!
Me: What up!
Dude: We are having some nice-ish weather!
Me: I know!
Dude: Alright, now onto the real question...are you still single and if so would you be interested in meeting a friend of mine?


Blah, blah, blah...I ask the routine questions; how old, what does he do, etc.

Dude: He's def good looking.
Me: Well looks aren't everything! How's his personality?

(see I told you it's not all looks!)


Dude: He can be a little bitchy at times but otherwise he's cool.


I'll spare you the remainder of the convo. Trusting this somewhat good friend of mine, I took down his number and decided what the heck! I texted him...


Me: Hey! Is this _______?
Dude: Yes, whose this?
Me: _____ friend Sara. He said I should get to know you, lol.
Dude: Lol, hi, how old are you?
Me: 12. But I'm REALLY mature for my age...
(a few minutes pass)
Me: No but really, I'm 24, you?
Dude: 27, send me a pic.

Woah, woah, WOAH. Hold up mister. "Send me a pic?" A little demanding aren't we??

Me: Ok...but then it's your turn.
Dude: Of course my dear.


Call me weird, but I get really turned off by guys who start with pet names right off the bat- strike one.
Although he did have precent decent grammar. So I scratched the strike.


(pic sent)
Dude: Aw, you're really pretty!
Me: Well thanks! So what's your story?
Dude: 27, manager, I love the smell of clean laundry, I have a three year old son, and I hate the sound of vaccuum cleaners.


Hmmm...ok. I can respect that. I think? Not so much into men with children but we'll see where this goes. Still waiting on pic.


(incoming picture)

...

I literally dropped my phone. I recognized the picture INSTANTLY. It was some dude from POF who had messaged me numerous times and I hate flat out rejected. No effn way.

GO FIGURE. And you wanna know the worst part? He sent me the same pic as his profile picture from POF. (slow clap...)

Needless to say I'm definitely NOT interesting.

Dude: So what's your story

(I don't respond)


(a few minutes pass)


Dude: Tell me something interesting about you right now Sara!


Needless to say, I did not respond. And bitchy sometimes? Well friend, you nailed that one on the head!


I'm doomed I tell you. I can't meet men online and then when a friend of all people attempts to set me up it's with a man I already rejected. Ouch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment